The OIAT promotes the competent, safe and responsible use of digital media. Since 1997 we have been helping people and organisations take advantage of the benefits of the digital world.
The OIAT is an independent non-profit organisation financed solely through projects.
- Digital media
- Media literacy
- Media education
- Internet safety and security
- Online fraud
- Privacy protection
What we do:
- Awareness raising initiatives
- Content development
- Workshops and lectures
- Applied research
- Advice and online dispute resolution
Current projects (selection):
- Saferinternet.at: Initiative for the safe use of digital media through the promotion of media literacy (www.saferinternet.at)
- Austrian e-commerce trustmark (Österreichisches E-Commerce-Gütezeichen): Certification of trustworthy online shops in Austria in accordance with European quality standards (www.guetezeichen.at)
- Internet Ombudsstelle: Free advice and online dispute resolution for online consumers (www.ombudsstelle.at)
- Watchlist Internet: Independent information platform dealing with online fraud (www.watchlist-internet.at)
- digitaleseniorInnen: Initiative aimed at supporting senior citizens to become competent, safe and confident internet users (www.digitaleseniorInnen.at)
- Safer Internet-Bot: Development of a chatbot (artificial intelligence) for automated processing of requests by children and young people concerning chain letters (www.saferinternetbot.at)
- Dynamic Pricing | PRIMMING: Research project with the aim to detect price discrimination in the e-commerce sector with machine learning methods. (www.dynamic-pricing.at)
- Fake-shop detection | MAL2: Automated fake-shop detection with artificial intelligence and machine learning methods. (www.malzwei.at)
Would you like to know how we can support you in developing and implementing a specific project? Contact us at: +43 1 595 21 12 or email@example.com.